ROCOCO SERIES Photographs
Lilia Chak has created the series “Rococo” under impression
from traditional Japanese “vagina festival”. On day of festival in
the city of Inuyama, nearby to Nagoya, the big parade in which
participants show the enormous model of a sea shell as the
symbolical image of a female deity vagina is arranged.
Adoration of female vagina, as believe, causes a harmony in
matrimonial relations and helps to treat venereal illnesses.
Lilia has seen the powerful erotic potential strengthened by an unexpected foreshortening and increasing in a usual sea shell.
- – Media Art. Group exhibition. Skizze Gallery, Jerusalem, Israel. Curators: Marina Genkina, Marina Schelest.
- – Sigmund Freud Recipe. Group exhibition. St. Petersburg Union of Designers, Russia. Curator: Sergei Duzhnikov.
- – Basel Selection Artfair. Group exhibition. Gallery G-77, Basel, Switzerland. Curator: Andrei Mikhailov.
- – Art Chicago With NEXT. Group exhibition. Gallery G-77, Chicago, USA. Curator: Andrei Mikhailov.
- – Marina Genkina, Marina Schelest,
Media Art, catalogue (hebrew and english), Skizze Gallery, Jerusalem, Israel.
- – Sergei Duzhnikov,
Sigmund Freud Recipe, catalogue (russian and english), St. Petersburg Union of Designers, Russia.
- – Alla Volodarsky,
Наши на Art-Chicago, article. MK.Israel.