IDENTITY CARD Digital Art. C-Print.
An identity document (also called a piece of identification or ID, or colloquially as papers) is any document that may be used to prove a person's identity. Some countries issue formal identity documents, as national identification cards which may be compulsory or non-compulsory, while others may require identity verification using regional identification or informal documents. When the identity document incorporates a person's photograph, it may be called photo ID.
The identity document is used to connect a person to information about the person, often in a database. The photo and the possession of it is used to connect the person with the document. The connection between the identity document and information database is based on personal information present on the document, such as the bearer's full name, age, birth date, address, an identification number, card number, gender, citizenship and more.
My work "Teudat Zeut Yehudi…?" was born after I received an invitation from the Israeli Union of Artists to participate in the “Identity Card” exhibition at the Ein Hod Central Gallery. In it, I reflect on the changes in Israeli society that are reflected in what the Israeli passport looks like today.
- — Self Portrait. Group exibition. Digital art. Festival of Contemporary Art, Skizze Gallery, Jerusalem, Israel. Catalogue (in Hebrew and English). Curators: Marina Genkina, Marina Schelest.
- — Identity card. Group exhibition. Digital Art. Ein Hod Central gallery, Israel. Curator: Nomi Hoss.
- — Cellcom Award of competition on TV.
- — To be an israeli on Israel-plus TV.
- — Lilia Chak on tarbut.ru.
- — First prize at the Art Competition (from among 18,000 entries) organized by Cellcom Company, Israel for the “Identity Card” Digital Art project.